Jesus said “Whoever welcomes one of these little children in my name welcomes me; and whoever welcomes me does not welcome me but the one who sent me.” - Mark 9:37

Sunday, December 16, 2012

Home...

I apologize for the delay in posting to our blog for all our faithful prayer warriors, supportors and readers. The last week has been a whirlwind. Our trip home was LONG! And I had prepared what I was going to write... but then jetlag kicked in and well, it's just not worth it now. lol

But what is worth it, is to say that both Kai & Eli are transitioning very well. In fact we are amazed at how well they are doing. Not to say we have not had some rough or difficult spots, but over all we are so blessed!

Instead of trying to tell everything that has happened in a week, I will just post a bunch of pics for all to enjoy. And say, if you are on Facebook, friend me... Cuz I take pics and can post to fb from my phone a lot faster, and time is a coveted commodity for me right now. :)

Eli's first night in HIS bed, and that's Abby our 8 yr old Boston
and he has begged to sleep with a dog every night since. :)

Kai's first night in HIS bed, in his room, and that's Jean-Luc another Boston at his feet,
who now sleeps in a crate in Kai's room every night.

Levi, Kai & Eli all dressed for first church service since home

Kai writing his first Bible memory verse for school

The boys enjoy watching superheros on TV.

Eli, Levi & Kai holding paper chains, a Patton Christmas tradition

The boys and I went for a walk on 12-12-12

Eli doing his Draw Write Now in school.

Kai is photo bombing the pic Eli asked me to take of him & Andy, the boxer

Eli's first haircut was very entertaining...
scared at first, then laughing cuz the clippers tickled

Kai enjoyed getting his haircut cuz we didn't shave all his hair off

And these pics were just having fun at Holiday in the park

Love all my kids!

Notice teh bunny ears Kai is giving Zoe... lol

this pic was taken today when I went to go check on the boys
and found them playing Legos with 6 month old Dallas hanging out with them.
Love my kids and Bostons!

Now gotta run off to a Christmas play at church. I will try to update more often. But in case I miss you, Merry Christmas and remember who and what this season is really about...

Oh, real quick, that reminds me:

At breakfast this morning, I was teaching the boys Christmas is about giving, because God gave us His Son Jesus. I was using my translator app. After leaning on me, Eli picked up my phone, pressed the speak button & said "I love you" in English & smiled...

Awe, my heart melted and reminded me this is why we sacrificed and worked so hard to go across the globe to bring two strangers home and make them family. I love my new sons!

God bless,
Sherry

6 comments:

  1. Oh, how very happy we are for you all!

    the bourkes
    janet and gang

    ReplyDelete
  2. Read this today and thought of you! Welcome home!
    http://lifeasanadoptedteen.blogspot.com/2013/01/why-i-am-blogging.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. (do you have a different family blog you are updating? I don't wan to miss out just in case. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. definitely want to keep getting updates!!! i'm sure you are crazy busy adjusting and living ... hope you are able to/plan to update soon!!!

    ReplyDelete

Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers
Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers