Steve & I had our physicals done yesterday. The drs office is waiting for the lab results before notarizing the medical forms. Once we have those in hand, we will send in our package to be able to "Lock" our son.
Next, our agency contacted the agency with the boy we wish to adopt yesterday. The other agency did not say No to the transfer. But that they needed to make sure there were no interested families in their own agency and then would have an office meeting to consider if they all agreed to transfer his file. They said they were open to transfer tho, and would get back to our agency in a couple days.
So we took that as good news! Yay!
Next news was an encouraging message I received from a dear friend this am, who shared their plans to make a nice size donation to help our adoption. That is all I can say at this time. But I praise God for his continued encouragement!
Then later this morning I received a message that the agency with the boy we want, has one family reviewing his file now. They hope to know by Monday if the family wishes to move forward or not, and they'll let our agency know as soon as they know if he becomes available for transfer.
We are not discouraged by this news, because we know adoptive parents review lots of kids files. We ourselves have several boys files we have considered. So IF he is indeed meant to be our son, as we hope and pray, he will be available for transfer to us. Perhaps we just need to wait... :)
And the next tid bit of info is a glimpse at a fundraiser I hope to do, if there is enough interest.