Monday, November 14, 2011
I have an important prayer request…
We want to adopt an 8 yr old little boy (SN: post-op club feet) that is on an agency "individual list", but not the agency we are already working with. Our agency told me today that they can, and are willing to, request the other agency to transfer the child if we are committed and paperwork ready. Now the tough part, I had asked the other agency a couple weeks ago if he was available for transfer and was told no, but that we could switch to their agency. However, we have a peace about our current agency and desire to stay with them thru our adoption adventure. So our hope & prayer now is that with all our paperwork ready for Lock, and proving our commitment, the other agency will be swayed to say yes to our agency. And then prayerfully, CCCWA will also agree.
This is the boy that when we first saw his picture, we believed he was our son. But when he didn’t seem available to us, we searched and searched the older boy listings trying to find our son and make a commitment. Wondering why this seemed so hard. We have multiple boys files and have even asked for update on a boy we were considering. But then today someone posted something about the 8 yr old on one of the yahoo groups… and my heart leapt. So after a few emails, phone calls and questions, we have decided to pursue him. We have dr apts tomorrow and are going to overnight all our docs to our agency tomorrow, and have them go ahead and request his transfer.
I am asking everyone willing to support us in this, to please pray over the next 24 hours. Please! And we will send out update with any news we receive.
Thank you in advance!
Sherry & family