Jesus said “Whoever welcomes one of these little children in my name welcomes me; and whoever welcomes me does not welcome me but the one who sent me.” - Mark 9:37

Thursday, September 13, 2012

Selling a Cow on my tip toes

You are probably wondering about the title...

I posted this prayer request in my DTC group and a fellow adoptive mom said "Praying and trusting that God sells one of His cows for you."

and another said "Miracles happen every day...you just have to stand on your tiptoes and look for them :) God's got this one."

That made me stop, smile and praise God that HE owns the cattle on a thousand hills and I know my God shall supply ALL our needs.

Ok, so now, the prayer request:
I received an email from our agency that states our request for Kai's orphanage donation fee to be waived has not be requested yet, like we thought it had. Our agency now says they will not send waiver request until AFTER we get Kai Joseph's LOA, and we need to be fully prepared to pay the $5,600 fee in full when we get his LOA (expecting any day now). They went on to say they have only seen this done once and it was for child aging out day of adoption.

I want to stop here and say, that we were suggested to request the waiver by other adoptive families who have seen it happen for older children and children with more moderate to major special needs, such as Kai's complex heart condition. So we were encouraged we really might get his fee waived or maybe reduced. So I have not been worried about his fee at all...

And I am committing NOT to worry now!

But I am asking for your prayers...

We are prepared to pay Eli's $5,600 orphanage donation fee and both boys' Visa fees of $300 each. But now instead of the $6,200 check I THOUGHT we had to write within the next week... we now have to pay $11,800.

But Praise God, who is always in control, because we received a $5,000 donation last month to our I Care account. We had thought that would be used for Kai’s travel expenses, but I just spoke with Dan at International CARE, Inc and we can put the $5,000 donation towards the orphanage donation fees. Hallelujah!

But we also need to come up with the other $600 for the rest of the Orphanage Donation fee...

Dan also said anyone wishing to make a TAX DEDUCTIBLE donation to help pay for the orphanage donation fees can send check to I Care and they will process quickly to send to our agency to go towards these immediate fees because we will still be little short. So if interested, please send checks payable to:

I Care
P.O. Box 1603 Bel Air, MD 21014
*Please include a note stating for "Patton Adoption Fund"

or you can donate via PAYPAL, but Paypal deducts 3% fee from donation
http://www.intlcare.org/helpingus2.html
*Please include message stating for "Patton Adoption Fund"

Or please consider sponsoring a puzzle piece...

for $5 each you can get your name on the back and help us pay the boys' orphanage donation fees.

See ChipIn on right or go to http://adventure4eli.chipin.com/orphanage-donation-fee

But at the very least, I am asking everyone to please PRAY!


Kai Joseph at Shepherd's Field 4 yrs ago
Kai Joseph still at Shepherd's Field 2012...
praying for a family of his own.
Thank you & God bless you ALL tenfold for your time, prayers, support & gifts!

Trusting in my Daddy God to sell a cow,
Sherry

No comments:

Post a Comment

Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers
Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers