Jesus said “Whoever welcomes one of these little children in my name welcomes me; and whoever welcomes me does not welcome me but the one who sent me.” - Mark 9:37

Saturday, September 29, 2012

Moon Festival


China is on holiday for the next week.

Taken from the Families with Children from China North Texas group:
One of the most important celebrations in China, the Mid-Autumn Moon Festival is an evening celebration when families and friends gather together to light lanterns, eat moon cakes and appreciate the full moon when it is at its roundest and brightest. In China, this full moon is symbolic of a bountiful harvest and the reuniting of family, much like the American celebration of Thanksgiving.

To read about the traditional Chinese Autum Moon Festival go to: http://www.chinavoc.com/festivals/Midautumn.htm

We are going to Dallas tonight to celebrate with fellow adoptive families. We've been looking forward to this for a month now. And I can't help but wonder what the boys are doing in China...


Maybe taking a walk and finding butterflies which give them hope of their new lives...


 Maybe singing songs of celebration...


Or being loving and kind to fellow orphan brothers and sisters.

Whatever they are doing, I pray they are enjoying their holiday and making memories to last a lifetime. I pray God is preparing their hearts to leave China, their homeland, all they know. My heart longs to hold them and tell them it's all gonna be ok, and I HOPE they accept me to be their mamma to do just that.

Praise report, was we had enough in savings and funds raised to pay Eli's orphanage donation fee and both boys' visa fees. Kai Joseph's orphanage donation fee will be paid by two grants: $2,000 Brittany's Hope grant and $3600 from Reece's Rainbow funds. Thank you all for your generous gifts.

Update: Both boys' I-800 was approved by USCIS and we are awaiting the National Visa Center's approval and then they will cable GZ, China. After we get that approval, our agency will submit our Article 5. That takes two weeks. Then we await the BIG letters... TA... Travel Approval.

In the meantime, we are preparing the boys' bedrooms and packing. We have lots of fundraising still going on too, because we have lots of travel expenses still to pay and the in country legal & medical fees.

Please check out our Faith Believe Necklace, Adoption Bug & Show Hope t-shirts, Just Love Coffee fundraiser, Reece's Rainbow is still accepting tax deductible donations, and we still have LOTS of puzzle pieces left.

Plus, our big TWO LESS JOY FEST benefit to bring Kai & Eli home is Sat Oct 20th at 7pm.

Prayers are needed and apprciated. Thank you all for your continued support.

Last week was a very emotional week for me. You'd think I was pregnant... crying at the drop of a dime. All I could think about was the boys and needing that LOA and how were we gonna get them home. I know God is my provider and He has certainly provided a lot to be thankful for.

THANK YOU!

Sherry & family


No comments:

Post a Comment

Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers
Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers