Jesus said “Whoever welcomes one of these little children in my name welcomes me; and whoever welcomes me does not welcome me but the one who sent me.” - Mark 9:37

Monday, December 5, 2011

Locked & Waiting, plus new pics!

I've been teary eyed all morning after receiving an email from Angela (Ladybugs 'N Love) with new pics!!!


Although he is absolutely beautiful & the first pic is wonderful, this next pic means more to us...


 Look at his face! He loves holding this dog. Because we love & show dogs as a family hobby, and have 8 dogs in our home, we really wanted to know that our son liked dogs. But we were told many of the orphans in China are not exposed to dogs & so many are afraid of them when they first come home. Well we wanted to ask if he liked dogs in our 10 Questions, but decided not to... But God knows all & is in total control!!! His plans are exceedingly & abundantly better than we could ever ask for. Out of the three pics we received, one is of him holding a dog. Thank you Jesus!!!

It warms our heart to know that he is loved and cared for by a foster family. I can't help but cry when I think about the lovely lady who is acting as a mother to him... I already appreciate so much all that she has done for our son.

The other email I received this am was from our agency coordinator stating "Your file has been locked to him and the CCCWA is assessing now- cross your fingers and toes and keep praying."

It can take 5-7 business days to get PA, but I was told we should hear back by end of the week...

So I am asking everyone to please pray!!!

Last night we decorated the family room and Christmas tree. And we all kept mentioning "Next year when Eli is here..." or "Hope Eli ..." or "We have to get a stocking for Eli", etc, etc, etc.


Praying this is his last Christmas without a family of HIS OWN to celebrate with...

Well I have to get back to these two kiddos here- Zoe is studying biology & Levi is doing his math lesson on the computer. I love homeschooling my kids. I am also working on raising the $3,000 agency payment we need when we do hear back about our PA. We are still taking orders for Calendars & donations for the $75 Give Away Gift Basket. But I am supposed to be working on Steve's idea for the next fundraiser. Watch for it.

I encourage everyone to Christmas shop from the many great products our fellow adopting families and their fundraising efforts. http://www.fundraisingfamilies.blogspot.com/

God bless you all,
Sherry

2 comments:

  1. What a sweet boy! The Lord is amazing at putting just the right people together in a family. :) I'd like to plant a little thought in your mind to simmer. Eli is a great name, really meaningful! I wonder, though, if this not-so-little boy of yours might like to be part of choosing his own name? Ok, I'm going to look at the pictures of his endearing little face once more then go to bed. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on your sweet little boy! So happy for you, it's an amazing adventure to be able to adopt! Trish

    ReplyDelete

Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers
Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers