Jesus said “Whoever welcomes one of these little children in my name welcomes me; and whoever welcomes me does not welcome me but the one who sent me.” - Mark 9:37

Wednesday, May 2, 2012

6 months into our Adventure

Yesterday was May 1st

5 months since we said YES

made a commitment to Eli

asked our adoption agency to submit Letter Of Intent for us to adopt him as our son.

Tomorrow will be May 3rd

6 months since we "officially" started this Adventure and


Friday is May 4th, 6 months since we first saw Eli's picture and precious video.

Today is May 2nd

the day I FedEx'd our I-800A to USCIS applying to US Immigration to allow us to adopt Eli.


Yay! One more step closer to bringing our boy home.

Today is a good day indeed.

So happy to have FedEx'd our application to immigration!

But before I even sent it out, we got a small blessing from heaven...
as Steve was leaving for work at 6:45 am this morning there was a butterfly on our front door.
I opened the door and there it was,
and it just stayed there as we walked out onto the front porch.
I didn't get a picture, but it felt like God was there and brought so much peace to me
and made us both smile.

Butterflies often symbolize new life
and I believe this morning was a step towards our new life as a family with Eli.

Then 3 hours later I had just posted about it on my facebook and was telling Zoe about the butterfly and Zoe says "You mean the one right there?" and points to the front door...


Wow! It came back, at just that moment...

Call it what you want, but I believe it to be a "God smile".

Thank you Lord! 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers
Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers