Jesus said “Whoever welcomes one of these little children in my name welcomes me; and whoever welcomes me does not welcome me but the one who sent me.” - Mark 9:37

Friday, October 26, 2012

Windows from heaven

When a door closes,  
God opens a window...  
literally.
 
I found out this afternoon that we are not receiving a Show Hope grant as we had so hoped. 
Apparently the letter was sent to us in August, telling us this... 
but to the wrong address.  
Databse error.  
Sigh~ Oops!
 
So... Now what God?
 
Ok, I will be honest here... I started crying and had to leave the room so the kids didn't see.  
I had a Peter moment.
 
28 “Lord, if it’s you,” Peter replied, “tell me to come to you on the water.”
29 “Come,” he said.
Then Peter got down out of the boat, walked on the water and came toward Jesus. 30 But when he saw the wind, he was afraid and, beginning to sink, cried out, “Lord, save me!”
31 Immediately Jesus reached out his hand and caught him. “You of little faith,” he said, “why did you doubt?”
32 And when they climbed into the boat, the wind died down. 33 Then those who were in the boat worshiped him, saying, “Truly you are the Son of God.” - Matthew 14:28-33 NIV

read also -
 
28 Peter, suddenly bold, said, “Master, if it’s really you, call me to come to you on the water.”

29-30 He said, “Come ahead.”
Jumping out of the boat, Peter walked on the water to Jesus. But when he looked down at the waves churning beneath his feet, he lost his nerve and started to sink. He cried, “Master, save me!”

31 Jesus didn’t hesitate. He reached down and grabbed his hand. Then he said, “Faint-heart, what got into you?”

32-33 The two of them climbed into the boat, and the wind died down. The disciples in the boat, having watched the whole thing, worshiped Jesus, saying, “This is it! You are God’s Son for sure!” - Matthew 14:28-33 Message

I normally read NIV, but I had to look this up in the message tonight. And it fits me tonight.

It was recently pointed out by my Pastor that the Word says they climbed back into the boat. Jesus took Peter by the hand... He did not pick him up and carry him.

So tonight I cried out to Jesus.

And I get a message from someone telling me that an "Anonymous Angel" has offered to to donate up to $500 as a MATCHING GRANT to help bring our boys home.

Within 30 mins God grabbed my hand and opened a window.

And actually the message said

"Hi Sherry, I got a message EARLIER today.... There is an Angel out in the community that has stepped forward to do a matching grant of $500.00. Please make a post with your blog & chip in and we as a community can share it. This family wants to remain anonymous!!!!"

Did you catch that, cuz I didn't at first... EARLIER TODAY!

God began opening windows before I knew I needed them.
Praise you Lord!
I know God would provide to bring our boys home. But like Peter I looked at the waves.

So here is the ChipIn for the Angel's Matching Grant to help bring our boys home:  http://adventure4eli.chipin.com/angel-matching-grant

And Yes, I realize $500 matched is $1,000. But it's a start...

Thank you Lord for your faithfulness and your saints! Forgive me for my breakdown this eve and doubt. I still BELIEVE God is going to bring Kai & Eli home to us next month.

Blessings,
Sherry & family

No comments:

Post a Comment

Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers
Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers