Jesus said “Whoever welcomes one of these little children in my name welcomes me; and whoever welcomes me does not welcome me but the one who sent me.” - Mark 9:37

Sunday, November 11, 2012

4 sleeps untill...


the four of us leave for China!
 
Church this morning was weird, and good.
 
I LOVE praise & worship, but this morning the drummer was absent due to a Royal Rangers event. So at first it was slow and hard for me to get into worship. But then I realized I am free to worship here in the USA, and may not be able to worship for at least 3 weeks while we are in China.
 
That got me praising God.
 
Then I began to worship God.
 
Which brought to my mind ALL that God has done in a year to bring us to be 4 days until we fly across the world to meet our TWO sons and bring them home to join their forever family...
 
our Patton family-
 
 
Then I started bawling... lol
 
Ok, so sometimes I can be a bit emotional. But how can I NOT? God has done some pretty amazing things in one year to bring us to this point. He has moved mountains of paperwork, social workers' hearts, government officials, brought mega funds, prepared our hearts, and oh so much more.
 
When we began this process a year ago, we felt led to refer to it an ADVENTURE. Because an adventure is defined as an exciting or unusual experience; it may also be a bold, usually risky undertaking, with an uncertain outcome.
 
Well we have definitely been on an "adventure", but it has only been the beginning. We are about to embark on the most amazing physical adventure of our lives. Our family of 6 will now be a family of 8. We already are in our hearts, but in the real world is a different story.
Our two new sons across the globe are about to embark on their own adventure. Tho we are a part of it, we are not going thru it the same way they are. Their part will be the scariest thing ever... To leave all they have ever known, to trust strangers to take them to a far away land and live forever... with strange language, food, smells, etc.
 
Wow!
 
 
Please, please pray for Kai & Eli!
 
 
My heart is so heavy for them today.
 
Now, I am off to pack...
 
Trying to keep you all informed. Maybe tomorrow I will post our travel itinerary. So that way everyone can be praying specificly on each leg of our adventure.  :)
 
Thank you all!
 
Sincerely,
Sherry

No comments:

Post a Comment

Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers
Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers