Jesus said “Whoever welcomes one of these little children in my name welcomes me; and whoever welcomes me does not welcome me but the one who sent me.” - Mark 9:37

Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Two sleeps to two boys



I am pausing from packing to breathe a minute and thought I would post today's blog count down.

Only TWO more sleeps until we leave to bring home our TWO blessings.

It has been a year since we began this adoption adventure and I am amazed at what God has done.
Nov 6, 2011 I blogged about a Chinese Legend of how Koi fish become dragons.
http://adventure4eli.blogspot.com/2011/11/chinese-legend-how-koi-becomes-dragon.html

I used this pic


At that time we were only planning to adopt Eli. But notice the pic has TWO fish...

Yep, God knew all along we were adopting two boys...

two Koi that will become dragons just like the legend.


They have both already persevered so much! Just to be 11 & 13 yr old special needs orphan boys alive in China, means they are strong.

Eli almost died as an infant. He was born 2 months premature and I was told he was very weak and dying when he went to live with his foster family. But 10 yrs later tho developing very slowly, he is now a smart and healthy boy ready for the next chapter in his life.

Kai was abandoned at 6 years old outside the orphanage gates with major heart defects and a hernia. He had surgery within a month, and another within a year. That was six years ago, and though his heart still needs repaired he is now 13 yrs old and can ride a bike and is ready for his new life too.

God has a BIG plan for BOTH their lives. I am so humbled and blessed to be called their mom. I can not wait to see what God has in store for them and us.

And though it has been a LONG year getting here, it is still kinda sureal to me that in two days I will be on a plane flying to China to meet my two special boys that God has blessed me with.


And we are making progress to get there even... lol

We have finzalized travel arrangements with our agency and travel coordinator.
We have gone to the bank and wired the money & taken out the cash we need for travel.


Packing is STILL going on...

But when there are four people traveling, to four different cities, for the purpose of bringing home two more; and because the weather is so different in the two different areas of the country, packing is twice as hard; and you add gifts, supplies for orphanges to carry over, and stuff to keep four kids entertained for 3 weeks. Yes, 3 WEEKS! So it's a lot of strategic packing. lol

I will close this post with the following scripture, which is perfect for where we are in our adventure right now, and just so happens to be one of my favorite scriptures from my adolecenst days of being blessed to attend a christian school for two years.

Psalm 100
A psalm for giving thanks.
 
1Shout for joy to the Lord, all the earth.
2Worship the Lord with gladness; come before him with joyful songs.
3Know that the Lord is God. It is he who made us, and we are his; we are his people, the sheep of his pasture.
4Enter his gates with thanksgiving and his courts with praise; give thanks to him and praise his name.
5For the Lord is good and his love endures forever; his faithfulness continues through all generations.
 
I have a lot to thank & praise God for today!
 
Today my husband and I celebrate 25 yrs since we met, and I love him more today than ever and am so grateful God joined us together. I would have never imagined all the blessings I have had in the last 25 years. But I sure wouldn't give any of it up. Thank you Jesus! 

And we will be in China for this Thanksgiving, but what better way to celebrate all God has done for us over the last year, than to finally hold the two boys He has called to join our family.

Kai's Gotcha Day is Mon Nov 19th
Kai's Adoption Day is Tues Nov 20th, which is also Steve & mine 23rd wedding anniversary
Eli's Gotcha Day is Thurs Nov 22nd, which is also Thanksgiving
Eli's Adotpion Day is Fri Nov 23rd

The only thing that would make it better is if our two oldest boys, cory & Drew, could be with us that week. But sadly they can not travel to China with us, because they're holding down the fort at home and working. But other than that, I can not think of a better anniversary or Thanksgiving!

So my heart is singing with thanksgiving and praise, to God my Father in heaven who has blessed me even tho I don't deserve it. Because He is good, His loves does endure forever and His faithfulness is never ending.

Well, maybe I didn't close this post as soon as I planned. But I can't help but praise God and thank Him for all He has done...

and that again includes all of you who pray and support us and our boys to come home.

God bless you,
Sherry

2 comments:

  1. Praying with you for your grand adventure to begin! We will be following every step of the way, as I am sure many will be! May God guide every step you take and give you all a smooth and gentle transition in the upcoming adjustment and bonding time with both of your new sons. May God also give you all the energy, wisdom, and ability you will need during your journey and then home again.

    In much prayer and love in Christ,
    janet, kevin, ted, sophia, philip, and elijah
    (janet and gang)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sherry, we can't wait to watch as things unfold in China. We are so excited to see the culmination of five year of praying for Kai Joseph. Thanksgiving indeed!

    ReplyDelete

Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers
Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers