Jesus said “Whoever welcomes one of these little children in my name welcomes me; and whoever welcomes me does not welcome me but the one who sent me.” - Mark 9:37

Thursday, November 15, 2012

4.5 hrs till we head out

I should be sleeping...

But if you know me, you know I am NOT.

I made sure everyone else was packed, but me. Isn't that what moms do?

After some last minute luggage changes, in order to fit medical equipment we are transporting to foster care facilities. We are finally packed... mostly. Grab a couple items in am.

I can't really explain the emotional roller coaster my stomach is on. A good friend asked me if I am excited. Yes, but that does NOT sum it up. I am a bundle of nerves. I have NEVER left my kids or dogs this long EVER. So there is the worry and stress a mom has over that. There is the "Do I have EVERYTHING?" stress. The anxiety of thinking about being in a plane high in the sky for 15 hrs. Of course we are excited to meet the boys finally. But also, "Will they like us?" worry. The I can't believe we are REALLY doing this emotion. And on and on and on...

I really can't wait to get there and get home. That is the bottom line!

But also, I KNOW God is going to take care of us and the boys and that He called us to this and He will bring us thru it. So really, there is no need to worry. You know, I am not actually worried, it must be excitement then... :)

So yes, I am EXCITED!!!!!!

I can't wait to hug both my boys.

I wonder what they are thinking???

Steve, Zoe & Levi are very excited too.

We all, including Cory & Drew went out to a movie for the last time as a family of 6. The kids had wanted to see Wreck It Ralph and they figured it wouldn't still be in theaters when we get back. We hadn't been to the movies in several months. Saving all our pennies. But we decided we needed one last family thing. So we went.

And God of course blessed us, yet again. He never ceases to amaze me. During the movie I get a text message from a friend who asks where I am and says they're headed to see me. So I tell them in theater 2 watching movie. So a little while later, they show up and hand me a $200 check. God apparently led them to do this. Wow! Praise the Lord, who honors our stewardship and putting our family first. I am not perfect, but it sure does feel good when it appears you are on the right path God wants you on and He blesses in ways on HE can. :)

And well the movie was a nice story too, with a good ending and the moral of grow where you are planted bascially. And by that I mean, embrace who God made YOU and see what plans and purposes He has for you as you... not as what you think the Hero should look like. Never know where you might end up...

For us, it appears China... this time. :)

Ok, so many people have asked for our schedule, to be able to pray specifically. Please remember China is currently 14 hr ahead / time difference from CST 

Family Patton schedule 

Thurs Nov.15th
Leave Home 5:30AM, Arrive DFW 7:30AM, Depart 10:30AM to go to China!

Fri-Sun Nov.16th-18th  
Arrive Beijing 8:15pm. Deliver supplies to foster care facilities.

Sun Nov.18th
Depart Beijing at noon. Arrive Zhengzhou at 13:40

Mon Nov.19th
Gotcha Day! Meet Kai Joseph in Civil Affairs. Sign agreement.

Tues Nov.20th
Adoption registration, notary. Zhengzhou-Luoyang by tour van. Around 2.5 hours.
Apply passport in Luoyang. And back to Zhengzhou in late afternoon.
Steve & Sherry 23rd Wedding Anniversary

Wed Nov.21st
Free in Zhengzhou for one day.

Thurs Nov.22nd
Pick up notaries for Kai Joseph. And check paper.
Zhengzhou-Xi’an by High Speed Rail (Bullet Train).
Gotcha Day! Meet child Eli in late afternoon. Sign agreement.
Thanksgiving!

Fri Nov.23rd
Adoption registration, notary and apply passport.

Sat-Tues Nov.24th-27th
Free in Xi’an.

Wed Nov.28th
Pick up notaries. (get passport for Kai Joseph)

Thurs Nov.29th
Pick up passport for Eli in the afternoon.
Xi’an-Guangzhou by flight

Fri Nov.30th
Medical and skin test for both boys.

Sat-Sun Dec.1st - 2nd
Free in Guangzhou.

Mon Dec.3rd
Get medical result.

Tues Dec.4th
Visa appointment at 10:00. Swear.

Wed Dec.5th
Get boys’ visas in the afternoon.
Take train to Hong Kong.

Thurs Dec.6th
Depart Hong Kong 12:55 AM to go HOME!
Arrive DFW @ 8:20AM Welcome Home Kai & Eli!

We covet all your prayers.
We will be trying to update with info & pics while there. Keep checking back.
I am going to now TRY to get a little sleep. Power nap maybe.

God bless everyone tenfold!
I AM GOING TO CHINA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

hehe,
Sherry
 

1 comment:

  1. I can't wait to follow along! Blessings as you travel!

    ReplyDelete

Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers
Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers